Welcome to Grasp4Success!
We are so excited that you have chosen us to help you promote your child’s fine motor skills. We are all about fun with a purpose. Each box contains 4-7 awesome toys for your child to play with. When used correctly, they can help develop not just the muscles and skills of the hand, but also upper body strength, some basic vision skills, motor planning and more!
We recommend that your child spend 5-10 minutes at least three days a week with the items in the box. How you integrate this into your schedule is up to you! Some families keep all of the toys together, getting their box out at certain times of the day. Others spread the items throughout their home and car, for easy access during down time. It is up to you! Our hope is that the items are so much fun to play with that your child will be working on skills without knowing it!
Access the QR codes to find with each box with valuable information regarding the use of each toy.
Here are some ideas on how to include the toys in your daily routine.
- Have fun with it! You too can play with your child!
- Observe how the child uses the toy. It is possible a child might use a compensatory strategy to use the toy without gaining the benefit. Gently guide the child and demonstrate how to use the toy as per the instructional materials included.
- Read the materials included with the toy. It has valuable information on it!
- Consistency is key! Just five minutes daily will add up quickly!
- Spread the items throughout the home and car for easy access during down time.
- If you prefer, put all the toys away when finished in one location, back in the box or consolidate multiple boxes into one carry case. Make it a special box with a special time to play with it. That will keep the child more interested in it. Try pulling out “the finger fun box” while you are making dinner or doing dishes.